If you need help or have a reference question please contact us:
Email: Library Reference Desk
Dolores Yilibuw -- Library Director and Collections/Database Manager/Web Maintenance, Reference, and Circulation Desk
Charlie Heaberlin -- Archivist, Reference, Collection Manager, and Circulation Desk
Katie Wolsky -- Metadata and Manager of Course Reserves, Faculty and Student Services, Inter-Library Loan, Serials, and Circulation Desk
Monday through Friday -- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday -- CLOSED
Good Friday and Easter Monday, April 14 and 17, 2017
The seminary observes the following holidays:
- New Year's Eve/Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- Good Friday/Easter Monday
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (Wed - Sun)
- Christmas (long break, varies by year)
- Books may be checked out for 4 weeks and may be renewed twice.
- Fines for books are $.10 per day. Items simply dropped in the book drop and left are fined $.25 per day.
- Two overdue notices will be sent; the third notice will be a bill.
- Reserve material may be checked out for 2 hours. Items checked out within the last 2 hours of operation will be due back within the first hour of operation the next day the Library is open. Overnight reserves need to be returned by 10 AM the following business day, except during intensives, when they are due back before 8 AM. Items due back on a day the library is closed will be due back within the first hour of the next day the Library is open.
- Fines for overdue reserve material are $.25 per hour per item, and $.50 per hour per item for media reserves.
- A/V material may be checked out for 3 days and may be renewed twice.
- Fines for overdue A/V material are $.50 per day per item.
- Items may be recalled by the library. If so, they are due within 10 business days for books, and will incur a $1 per day fine afterwards, and within 5 business days for media, with a fine of $1.50 per day.
- The Library has a book drop located outside the building for after hours returns.
- Interlibrary Loan privileges are available to LTS students and faculty only.
Circulation privileges are extended to:
- LTS faculty, staff, students, alums, & field education supervisors;
- Faculty & students from UK, Transylvania, Midway, Georgetown College, and the Baptist Seminary of Kentucky in Lexington;
- Faculty & students from TEAM-A schools:
- Asbury Theological Seminary
- Louisville Presbyterian Seminary
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- St. Meinrad Seminary
- All other applications must be reviewed by the Library Director. If approved, the following stipulations will apply to patrons:
- Students of schools not mentioned above: If current educational institution is not willing to take responsibility for lost library materials, a $75 refundable deposit is required, refund will be processed upon the return of library items and library card, and a maximum of five current checkouts allowed.
- Community borrowers: No deposit required, non-ministers get a maximum of five current checkouts, while ministers get a maximum of 10 current checkouts.
- All the above circulation fines apply.